Sunday, July 6, 2008

Chap 1: Honeysuckle and her sidekick Poison Ivy

Have you ever had to do battle in a little, bitty yard with enemy number 1 - honeysuckle :(? Unfortunately, I am ever brandishing my loppers against this ever emcompassing foe. It almost got me one day because it took a lowly, but extremely annoying side kick - The Poison Ivy. Found out around then, I was allergic to the darned side kick and at that time mildly pregnant. Okay, have you ever had poison ivy pock marks on half of your body and can't do anything about the aggravating itch besides slathering yourself in pink stuff? Now, according to my doctor (and I'm not even sure why he would bring up this option), the pharmaceutical companies had a miraculous drug he could script me, but the major drawback was that my unborn child would wind up with a cleft palate. So, cleft palate or stop the itchies (weighing my hands like one of those scales)? Duh, like any good mother did, I suffered for my child. And when she was born, beautiful as I knew she would be, I looked at her straight in the eye and told her that I better never hear that her mother didn't love her.

No comments: